|Latest News 11.4.07
- GSI has successfully renewed its contract with the Virginia Association of State Colleges and University Purchasing Professionals (VASCUPP) to supply staff augmentation and IT and AV solutions to state agencies under this contract. VASCUPP consists of the following universities: College of William and Mary, George Mason University, James Madison University, Old Dominion University, Radford University, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia Military Institute, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and the University of Virginia. This is the second year of a five year award given to GSI in 2006. For more information on this contract, click http://www.vcu.edu/procurement/VASCUPP.pdf.
- GSI as a teammate of SRA International, Inc. was selected to provide professional services on a redesign of the supply-chain management system at the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). This was a five-year award to SRA for over $90MM. This initiative will leverage supply chain management technologies to enable USDA agencies (i.e., FAS, FSA, AMS, FNS) and their partners (primarily USAID, US school districts, domestic producers, State agencies and industry), to manage commodity purchasing and food distribution seamlessly for USDA programs. Isolated USDA initiatives will be consolidated and supported by flexible new technologies that provide real-time inventory management, food tracking and estimated delivery cycles, order fulfillment, and financial management and allocation. GSI is proud to play a role in this program that will greatly increase the efficiencies within these federal government agencies.
- GSI maintains a five year IDIQ contract with the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division to provide IT and AV solutions to all tenants on base. This contract runs through 2011. For more information, please contact us.
- GSI has negotiated a renewal of a Level I 24/7 maintenance contract with the Joint Warfare Analysis Center (JWAC) at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division. GSI support mission critical IT and AV systems at this facility with cleared personnel. JWAC has been a client of GSI since 2001. JWAC is a premier science and engineering institution tasked with solving complex challenges for our nation's warfighters. JWAC uses social and physical science techniques and engineering expertise to assist warfighters in support of our national security. JWAC coordinates directly with the staffs of all Unified Commands, Combatant Commands, Department of Defense (DoD) elements, military services, and other government departments and agencies in order to protect our country and help our nation's armed forces accomplish their missions.
- GSI was awarded a contract from SPAWAR Systems Center Charleston to provide audiovisual products and services in support of the Information Technology/Information Management Department at the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) at Patuxent River, Maryland. All GSI personnel provided on this project are required to have a Secret Clearance. The Naval Air Systems Command is a United States Navy command, headquartered in Patuxent River, Md., with military members and civilian employees stationed at eight principal continental United States sites and two principal sites overseas. NAVAIR provides unique engineering, development, testing, evaluation and management capabilities to deliver airborne weapons systems that are technologically superior and readily available. Using a full-spectrum approach, the command delivers solutions at optimal costs and provide support for vital programs for the U.S. Navy.
- GSI has achieved its Disadvantaged Minority Business Certification with the Department of Transportation in the state of Virginia.
- GSI as a teammate of Corporate Presentation Systems, Inc. has been awarded several Task Orders under the Washington Interagency Telecommunications Systems (WITS 2001) contract to provide professional services to the Department of Treasury.
- GSI is proud to announce that Mr. David McKinney has joined our management staff as management consultant. Mr. McKinney brings with him over twenty two years of corporate finance management and real estate development experience with a number of fortune five hundred companies. Mr. McKinney will enhance GSI’s ability to provide a framework for growth and expansion and will provide consulting services to clients as a subject matter expert.
- GSI teamed with Corporate Presentation Systems, Inc. will be competing for staff augmentation support and system solutions under the Base Realignment and Closure Program. CPS is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned company.
- GSI is teamed with HMJM on an IDIQ RFP released by the US Army Corps of Engineers to provide Architect and Engineering services to military, civilian and federal agencies.